Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Biology is messing with my brain

If I try to doodle hearts I wind up drawing several together and completely unthinkingly turn them into a composite amoeba. A little while ago I tried to doodle a flower. I found myself compelled to speckle cytoplasm granules in.
If I wasn't meant to be a scientist before, the last three years of undergrad have definitely ingrained scientist traits in me. In fact as I was typing traits, I involuntarily found the terms 'heritability', 'variance' and 'LOD score' floating around in my head. Welcome to the dark side. We have long nights spent in labs watching RNA dry and stacks of literature to read that never ever end.
In other news, I got my J1 Visa approved today and can finally announce that come January I will be headed to Boston (fuck yeah, no Canadian winter). I'm going to be interning at a stem cell research lab at Harvard Med School/ Brigham and Women's Hospital. 8 months in the U.S of A at the research lab of a scientist you can Wikipedia and shit. If I do have to be someone's office bitch/intern, I'm glad it's at Harvard. Lends it more legitimacy. Plus I hear that Boston is beautiful.
In unrelated news, I noticed today that Harvey's tagline is 'It's a beautiful thing'. This makes me chuckle for reasons I will not tell you. 

No comments: