Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A very food driven blogpost

So Boozy Baked French Toast was sort've a fail. The Mc Donald's Hot mustard sauce saved it. Next time maybe 1 layer of bread, 2 cups milk, 3 eggs, 5 tablespoons of baileys and half teaspoon salt. Much prefer the Indian way of making French Toast for now.

Next recipe to try: Cake. Will make either Apple cake cuz of all the apples lying around at home. Or Chocolate Cake. In which case, this recipe may be of use: 

First time, I'll be baking a cake. But the cooking bug's gotten into me. Smitten Kitchen and mum's nagging combined have driven me to the kitchen. So far made Huevos Rancheros (Mum liked, I didn't like the egg roll but LOVED the Salsa Fresca), Caramelized Shallots (nice), and Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms (VERY nice. Probably more lemon, less butter next time. ) Also scrambled eggs with goat cheese on toast yesterday got me craving for the french toast.
Anyway. Pictures maybe sometime I get over being a lazy git.
Oh! Also Murgir Makha Jhol which was phenomenal as always- recipe from Bengali Girl in the US who has never steered me wrong.

4 comments:

Tangled up in blue... said...

Wow, you have been cooking MasterChef level stuff! Caramelised shallots and Salsa Fresca! Ooh!

And Boozy French Toast?! I wonder who came up with that! Someone who decided to cure their hangover with breakfast, I suppose. :D

R said...

It's simpler than it sounds. The English name most of their ingredients in their recipe names, thus making them sound intensely complex.
Boozy French Toast sounded brilliant- will add more booze next time :p

Whuaat? said...

Argh. I'm hungry now! And I suck at cooking :|

Tangled up in blue... said...

Yeah, that really oughta work! :D