Friday, July 6, 2012

Rainy day weather. The whole house has become dark and no one is switching on the lights. It is brilliant in a gloomy atmospheric way, only I'm not gloomy- there's a little kid squeeing somewhere in my brain. She is also doing somersaults.
Perfect, perfect, perfect for sitting on the balcony in tattered shorts and tee with a book that I will start and finish by today. There is just something beautiful about the way a pair of tattered shorts and falling-to-pieces ganji can make you feel. Weirdly connected but disconnected to your body at the same time. Like my limbs aren't a part of me, but they're something I can appreciate the there-ness of. God bless whoever thought it would be a good idea to start ripping up pants.
There are two books I'm longing to sink my teeth into, and I can't decide which one to start first. Of Mice and Men, or Confederacy of Dunces? Who knows these things? By the end of today, I shall.
It is the time for breathing in deeply, listening to exclusively hindi music and reading. With a fruit to munch maybe. So I goes. Excuse the incoherence- I'm frequently incoherent, but when I'm being incoherent in this way, you know I'm happy.
These are my plans for the whole entire day till 5. Which is when there is a party. Did I mention I love Saturdays? I did? Now you know.
Thunder! *runs off*

2 comments:

Tangled up in blue... said...

I do so envy you right now. My next real holiday is the 15th of August! And please tell me you read Confederacy of Dunces. Hows it? Hows it?

R said...

I haven't yet. In keeping with my grand tradition of reading depressing books, I read Of Mice and Men instead. It was brilliant, but depressing. Will let you know how I like Confederacy.