Thursday, January 31, 2013

Willy Wonka almost-fiction

I love you, I love you, I love you.
I will whisper it into the pages of a book, and sigh it into the crook of my arm as I slip my hand underneath my neck at night. Curled up in the fetal position I will sleep. Dreaming is a distant land whose stories I can barely remember when I wake. The sun creeps in through the blinds at my temporary window, the wind howls and moans at night. It wails about things I think I've heard before, but long forgotten. It threatens to spill over, and reach right in and snatch me away into the night.
Somewhere in the world there is a lanky boy with unruly hair and a wicked grin. As he ambles about his day, he leaves footprints in my heart. There's a pitter-patter, and if you squint you can almost see the tracks before they disappear.

2 comments:

Anisha said...

That was a beautifully written piece!

R said...

Why, thank you =)