Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mother of God!

Today my mother tried to stab me with a knife. Accidentally she says. This was after she came home with frostnip in her feet, after standing in the snow for an hour. She kept going " OH GOD OHGOD OHGOD", while vehemently refusing assistance or 911. A couple of days ago she cut the vein in her hand and proceeded to spurt blood for an hour, completely soaking through the cotton and bandages I was trying to clamp against the blood-wound. Accidentally while chopping vegetables. And then she refused to call 911. She keeps commenting on the frequency of the buses that pass on the road outside our window with a sense of amazement that would be more appropriate when in the presence of the Dalai Lama. I always knew that I got my retardedness from somewhere but I'm beginning to wonder if I should be scared.

2 comments:

Tangled up in blue... said...

No, not really scared. My mom doesnt believe in certain, umm, aspects of modern medicine. For example, she thinks that to prevent ever, ever getting cancer, she'd be better off eating turmeric than getting a mammogram. Which is pretty weird a thought process, I think. And she thinks that our garden plants grow better when she talks with them. I heard her singing "Aaj phir jeene ki tamanna hai" to the gardenias last week.

Yeah, I guess I get it from her, too. But well, most moms are a tad off anyway. :D

R said...

Hahahaaha, our mothers should meet. Mine refuses to get a mammogram as well, though she prefers rabindrasangeet to hindi gaan